Thank you to psychology alumna Dr. Laura Bolton for establishing the Laura Bolton Research Development Scholarship. This award will
- Provide financial support for qualified undergraduate students in psychology who are engaging in research activities in a Psychology Faculty Laboratory during the summer (May 16-August 15).
- Help students defray room and board costs associated with living on campus during the summer. It is not designed to directly fund research activities.
- Be given to multiple deserving students each year. Each undergraduate psychology student will receive a $1,250 award.
How to apply:
The Undergraduate Studies Committee is currently seeking applications for summer 2023 awards, with an application deadline of March 20, 2023. Award winners will be announced by April 3, 2023. Please note the following requirements:
Applicants must be a declared Psychology major, Psychology minor, or Brain and Cognitive Sciences major.
Applications must include:
- A personal statement (maximum of 1 page in length) that discusses the applicant’s previous research and career goals. This statement should also indicate the dates students will be living on campus during the summer.
- A description of the research project that will be undertaken, including the student’s role in the project (maximum of 1 page in length).
- A letter of support from the faculty member who will supervise the summer research.
Application materials should be emailed to the Undergraduate Studies Office HERE.
Faculty may submit their support letter separately from the student’s application submission.