The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Department of Psychology has a thriving community of research in the area of diversity science. Below are some of our labs conducting work in this area.
Some of the representative publications of our diversity labs:
- Remembering where we’re from: Community- and individual-level predictors of college students’ White privilege awareness
- Christian and political conservatism predict opposition to sexual and gender minority rights through support for Christian hegemony
- Self-pacing study of faces of different races: metacognitive control over study does not eliminate the cross-race recognition effect
- Same faces, different labels: Generating the cross-race effect in face memory with social category information
- A cross-race effect in metamemory: Predictions of face recognition are more accurate for members of our own race