I hold a B.S. in Psychology and Statistics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and am currently working toward an M.S. in Psychological Science. As an active member of Dr. Howard Berenbaum’s Emotion and pSychopathology Team (BEAST), I am spearheading four projects that explore topics regarding emotions and the conceptualization and etiologies of mental disorders. Additionally, I am collaborating with Dr. Karen Rudolph’s Family Studies Lab as the first author for study exploring adolescent worry and maladaptive stress responses. Looking ahead, I am excited about the prospect of furthering my studies in a doctoral program.
Transdiagnostic risk factors
Stress and coping
Broadly, my interests lie in describing internalizing symptoms and exploring the risk factors that give rise to them. Here is a list of project that I am working on:
- Project 1: Disengagement Responses Maintain Worry Among Adolescents Facing School Transition.
- First author on a longitudinal study that examines the maintenance factors of worry among adolescents, focusing on stress responses and family interactions.
- Project 2: Unpleasant Repetitive Thinking in Daily Life
- First author on a daily-diary study that examined characteristics of unpleasant repetitive thinking episodes.
- Project 3: Pleasant Emotions and Depression
- First author on a daily-diary study that examines feelings of brokenness and exhaustion as potential mechanisms underlying the link between contentment and depression.
- Project 4: The Relation Between Autism Spectrum and Schizotypy
- First author on a follow-up study that explores shared dimensions between autism spectrum and schizotypy.
- Project 5: The Relations Between Pleasurable Emotions and Motivations
First author on a daily-diary study that explored the association between the pleasurable emotions of cheerfulness, contentment, and tranquility and their associations with motivation achievements (i.e., psychological needs and personal strivings).
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Bachelor of Science in Statistics