SERVICES AND AVAILABILITY
SPRING 2022 Hours
Tuesday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Due to COVID-19, all appointments will be held over Zoom.
Please note that at the current time we are only able to see Master's and PhD students in Psychology.
Writing Support Groups
This is a great option if you want to meet with friends, classmates, or collaborators to work on writing or writing-related tasks (group sign-up). It is also perfect for those just wanting to connect with other graduate students and have some writing accountability (individual sign-up).
To sign up, click the "book appointment" button and then navigate to the three lines in the top left corner and select "Book Writing Group." Once there, you will notice there are two options to choose from. If you are unsure which to choose, please see below for guidance.
A Zoom link will be sent out prior to your meeting. Please do not use the one included in the confirmation email, as it is reserved for writing center appointments only.
Individual Sign-up: If you are wanting to join a writing group for accountability but don't have a group already formed, choose this option.
- Note: at least three people need to be signed up in order for the group session to happen. I will let you know at least 12 hours ahead of the scheduled time whether or not the session will be happening.
- If the time you signed up for doesn't have enough people, but there is another time slot that does, I will let you know about it—just in case you would be able to make it.
Group Sign-up: If you already have a group of people you would like to meet with, choose this option. Only one person needs to make the appointment for the group. This is a great option if you have a group that could all benefit from writing accountability and either don't know where to start or would like some guidance. Essentially, you bring the group and we provide the support! Just let us know how we can help.
Writing Support Center Appointments
We have three appointment times to fit various student needs. For most purposes, our standard 60 minute appointment time will be the most appropriate.
Additionally, in order to reach as many students as possible, we request students limit bookings to a maximum of 90 total minutes a week :
- Initial/ Follow-Up Appointment (30 minutes): This may be good for your first appointment - we can talk about your writing goals and devise a plan. Otherwise, 30 minutes can be scheduled as a follow-up. Generally, this appointment is not sufficient for first time editing or feedback.
- Standard Support Appointment (60 minutes): This is our standard appointment time. These appointments can be used to provide feedback on specific assignments and/or work on writing fitness or micro/macro writing skills.
- Extended Support Appointment (90 minutes): For feedback on larger projects and/or grant proposals (e.g., thesis/dissertation proposals, NRSA applications), this appointment may be more appropriate. Book a 90 minute appointment if you'd like more time to go over your writing goals, receive feedback, or begin a writing fitness program.
We also offer limited virtual appointments during and outside of standard appointment times for minor feedback.
Note that the writing center team may provide up to three hours of "requested appointments" per week; subject to availability.
Click on the following icon and follow the step by step instructions below to book an appointment. Note that this process is very quick and easy, but the scheduling platform does require a few steps, so make sure to read the instructions below before you book:
- Click the "Book Appointment" icon
- Choose either a 30, 60, or 90 minute appointment
- View current availability and pick appointment time. The system will display the next available appointment time. Dates in red denote days with no remaining availability.
- Please provide your name and email as well as your appointment goals and referral source (i.e. How did you hear about us?)
- Choose "Book appointment"
Standard Support Appointments
If you would like feedback on your writing document, please email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For morning appointments, please email the document before 8:00 pm on the night before your appointment.
For afternoon appointments, please email the document at least 4 hours in advance of your appointment.
Extended Support Appointments
If you would like feedback on longer documents (thesis/dissertation), please email your document to email@example.com at least one week prior to your appointment.