SERVICES AND AVAILABILITY
FALL 2021 Hours
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Due to COVID-19, all appointments will be held over Zoom.
Please note that at the current time we are only able to see master's and PhD students in Psychology.
We have three appointment times to fit various student needs. For most purposes, our standard 60 minute appointment time will be the most appropriate.
Additionally, in order to reach as many students as possible, we request students limit bookings to a maximum of 90 total minutes a week :
- Initial/ Follow-Up Appointment (30 minutes): This may be good for your first appointment - we can talk about your writing goals and devise a plan. Otherwise, 30 minutes can be scheduled as a follow-up. Generally, this appointment is not sufficient for first time editing or feedback.
- Standard Support Appointment (60 minutes): This is our standard appointment time. These appointments can be used to provide feedback on specific assignments and/or work on writing fitness or micro/macro writing skills.
- Extended Support Appointment (90 minutes): For feedback on larger projects and/or grant proposals (e.g., thesis/dissertation proposals, NRSA applications), this appointment may be more appropriate. Book a 90 minute appointment if you'd like more time to go over your writing goals, receive feedback, or begin a writing fitness program.
We also offer limited virtual appointments during and outside of standard appointment times for minor feedback.
Note that the writing center team may provide up to three hours of "requested appointments" per week; subject to availability.
Click on the following icon and follow the step by step instructions below to book an appointment. Note that this process is very quick and easy, but the scheduling platform does require a few steps, so make sure to read the instructions below before you book:
- Click the "Book Appointment" icon
- Choose either a 30, 60, or 90 minute appointment
- View current availability and pick appointment time. The system will display the next available appointment time. Dates in red denote days with no remaining availability.
- Please provide your name and email as well as your appointment goals and referral source (i.e. How did you hear about us?)
- Choose "Book appointment"
Standard Support Appointments
If you would like feedback on your writing document, please email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For morning appointments, please email the document before 8:00 pm on the night before your appointment.
For afternoon appointments, please email the document at least 4 hours in advance of your appointment.
Extended Support Appointments
If you would like feedback on longer documents (thesis/dissertation), please email your document to email@example.com at least one week prior to your appointment.