Departmental Distinction is the recognition for excellence in undegraduate research at graduation.
Departmental Distinction may be granted to students who write a Bachelor's Thesis.
- Must be a Psychology major
- Must participate in at least three semesters of independent research (PSYC 290 and PSYC 494)
- Must be enrolled in PSYC 494 at the time of Bachelor's Thesis submission
- Letter of support from the professor with whom the student did the research
- Submission of Bachelor's Thesis
- A grade point average of 3.0 in psychology courses
- A grade point average of 3.0 in cumulative University of Illinois courses