Head of Academic Advising, Gary Wszalek from Psychology has been identified as one the top staff members making a positive impact in students lives during the annual Chancellor's Senior
- The term “fake news” dominates social media feeds, and has entered our daily lexicon.
- Psychology Professor Aaron Benjamin and graduate student Jessica Siler show that taking practice exams can enhance a persons ability to reason about similar but unseen new material.
- Professor Chadly Stern has been selected to a appointment for the Center of Advanced Studies. This will allow Dr.
- Professor Sean Laurent demonstrates how questions about intentional harming and helping mean different thingsDr Sean Laurent reframes a well-known phenomenon in moral reasoning called the "side-effect effect" to show that people are answering different questions when asked about the intentionality of side
- In March 2018, a Steering Committee meeting for the Illinois Summit on Diversity in Psychological Science began a series of discussions about the future of diversity science.
- Professor Sepideh Sadaghiani has been named a LEAP Scholar. This distinction recognizes the exemplary contributions provided by select faculty in the early stages of their career.
- The LEAP Award is granted to distinguished early-career faculty at the University of Illinois who demonstrate the highest caliber of academic achievement.
- Professor Diane Beck, along with a team of researchers from around the world, received a grant from the NSF to fund the activities of the Females of Vision et al. (FoVea).
- Founded in 1904, the Society of Experimental Psychologists is the oldest and one of the most prestigious honorary societies in Psychology.
- Consisting of four seminars held during a 12-month period, the objective of the leadership program is to broaden participants’ understanding of higher education issues and to strengthen their skill
- Researchers in the Cognition and Brain Lab, led by Kara Federmeier, have recently published a paper in the journal Frontiers in Human Neuroscience that investigates how predicting during sentence c
- Chadly Stern has received the 2019 Early Career Award from the International Social Cognition Network (ISCON).
- The journal Psychophysiology has published an article honoring Drs. Monica Fabiani and Gabriele Gratton in response to their award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions to Psychophysiology.