The Department has finished renovating Room 638 on the 6th floor (The "Privacy Lounge") that will be made available to students, faculty, and staff needing some private space in the department.
- The LGS-SOAR (Laney Graduate School - Summer Opportunity for Academic Research
- In March 2018, a Steering Committee meeting for the Illinois Summit on Diversity in Psychological Science began a series of discussions about the future of diversity science.
- Professor Diane Beck, along with a team of researchers from around the world, received a grant from the NSF to fund the activities of the Females of Vision et al. (FoVea).
- On Thursday 09/26, the Diversity and Inclusion Committee hosted the Inclusive Psych Party, a party to promote inclusiveness among students, faculty, and staff within the department.
- Professor Alejandro Lleras, along with a team of researchers from around the country, receives a grant from the NSF to fund the activities of the SPARK society. The SPARK Society’s mission is to es
- In an article featured in Psychology Today, Dr. Gaither discusses the tension between the desire for large sample sizes and the difficulty in recruiting minority populations. Dr. Gaither uses the work conducted at the Illinois Summit on Diversity in Psychological Science as an example of ways that scientists can create incentive structures to value representation in human-related research.
- Clinical-Community Program Diversity Seminar. When: 10:50am-12:00pm, every Friday during the Fall and Spring semester (except for the first two Fridays
- Mikhail Lyubansky has been selected to receive the 2017 Larine Y.
- Donald Swift (1924-1993) was the first student to graduate from the University of Illinois using the services of the Disability Resources & Educational Services program.
- Miatta Echetebu Wins the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Policy Fellowship; Minority Fellowship Program"The APA MFP is an innovative, comprehensive and coordinated training, mentoring and career development program that enhances psychological and behavioral outcomes of ethnic minority communities.
- This award provides support for advanced graduate and post-doctoral scholars whose research is focused on Native American children's development.
- Andrew’s research examines: a) the impact of marginality on the health and life outcomes of ethnic minority populations, and b) the collective processes by which members of these populations are re
- Each year the campus recognizes outstanding contributions in public engagement to address critical societal issues.
- Suvarna Menon, a doctoral student in the Clinical/Community program, has been selected as a 2015 honoree by the Women's Resources Center within the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations o