Professor Diane Beck, along with a team of researchers from around the world, received a grant from the NSF to fund the activities of the Females of Vision et al. (FoVea).
- This project will develop, implement, and evaluate a transformative virtual initiative, high-impact initiative for protecting rural drug-using populations at risk from HIV/HCV outbreaks in the mids
- Predictions were recently proposed to be the core mechanism organizing brain functioning at all levels and in all domains.
- The title of the project is "Phthalates and Maternal Infections: Implications for Schizophrenia". Congratulations Dr Juraska!
- Student characteristics play a crucial role in the attention and enthusiasm directed toward learning.
- Janice Juraska is Co-Investigator on a grant from the US Department of Agriculture (National Institute of Food and Agriculture) titled "Role of naturally-occurring vs.
- Aron Barbey is Co-Investigator on a R56 grant from the National Institute of Aging titled "Cognitive Enrichment and Aging: An Ecological Framework" (PI: E. Stine-Morrow)
- The Department of Psychology of the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana announces the establishment of the Pola and Harry Triandis Fellowship in Cross-Cultural Psychology.
- Dolores Albarracin and Sally Chan (Co-Investigator) receive R01 from NIMH titled "Mining Social Media Messages for HIV Testing & Prevention Communication"Dolores Albarracin and Sally Chan (Co-Investigator) receive R01 from NIMH. Congratulations!
- Ranxiao Frances Wang is Co-Investigator on an NSF Grant, "SYNDROME: Synergetic Drone Delivery Network in Metropolis" (PI: N. Hovakimyan)Congratulations to Ranxiao Frances Wang for being a Co-Investigator on the NSF Grant, "SYNDROME: Synergetic Drone Delivery Network in Metropolis." If you would like to read more information on his
- Heidemarie Laurent received a R01 grant from the National Institute of Child Health and Human DevelopmentThe purpose of this study is to determine how mothers’ depression calibrates their babies biological sensitivity to stress over time, and how this calibration translates into child emotional and behavioral problems.
- The proposed research examines language comprehension differences across the two cerebral hemispheres and as a function of age in order to understand what factors characterize and promote effective language processing, not only for immediate comprehension but for the longer-term retention of verbal material.
- Josh's American Psychological Foundation grant is titled "Age-of-onset and sex as vulnerability factors for relapse to methamphetamine-seeking via NMDA-NR2B receptor dysfunction in rats". His NIH grant is titled "Mechanisms of metabolic and cognitive dysregulation after combined alcohol and THC use."