Broadly speaking, I am interested in ethnic and Asian American mental health disparities. Some topics include:
- Cultural factors of mental health stigma and help-seeking behavior
- Cultural contributors towards treatment gaps and whether these gaps can be addressed via culturally adapted/tailored treatment
- Ethnic LGBTQ+ experiences and how cultural factors influence mental health disparities differently for this population
- Cultural considerations in how client-therapist cognitive match affects treatment process (e.g., treatment planning, treatment goals, and treatment outcome)
- Cultural considerations and ethnic differences in the psychometrics of measures and assessments
M.A. in Psychology, San Diego State University (2019)
B.S in Psychology (Mathematics Emphasis), University of California Davis (2014)
B.A. in Asian American Studies (Social Science: Sociology/Psychology Emphasis), University of California Davis (2014)
Awards and Honors
- American Psychological Association SCCAP Division 53 Student Poster Award - Diversity Research (2019)
McCabe, K., Yeh, M., Zerr, A., Sakamoto, S., Green-Rosas, Y., Kehoe, K., & La, R. (in press). Putting the “I” in PRIDE: Measuring imitation in parent child interaction therapy. Behavior Therapy.
La, R. (2019). Parent, child, and therapist cultural orientation and triadic (dis)agreement on treatment goals. (Unpublished master’s thesis). San Diego State University, San Diego, CA.
Yeh, M., Zerr, A., La, R., & McCabe, K. (2018). An exploration of parent-youth agreement on functional impairment in adolescents utilizing outpatient mental health services. Healthcare, 6(3), 106-118. doi: 10.3390/healthcare6030106
La, R., Yeh, M., Zerr, A., McCabe, K., & Green-Rosas, Y. (2019, October). Social support and lifetime major depressive episode experience among Asian American adolescents. Poster presented at the meeting of the Asian American Psychological Association, San Diego, CA.
La, R., Yeh, M., McCabe, K., Zerr, A., & Ganger, W. (2019, August). Culture and parent-child (dis)agreement on etiological explanations for child mental health problems. Poster presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, Chicago, IL.
La, R., Yeh, M., Zerr, A., McCabe, K., & Ganger, W. (January, 2019). Parent and child cultural orientations and its relationship to treatment goal agreement. Paper presented as part of a symposium at the meeting of the San Diego State University Student Research Symposium, San Diego, CA.
La, R., Yeh, M., McCabe, K., Zerr, A., Green-Rosas, Y., Sanchez, B. L., & Ganger, W. (2018, August). Immigration history, culture, and parent-child differences in functional impairment evaluations. Poster presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, CA.
La, R., Yeh, M., Zerr, A., McCabe, K., & Ganger, W. (2018, March). Cultural match, language match, and parent-child functional impairment evaluations. Paper presented at the San Diego State University Student Research Symposium, San Diego, CA.