Pre-approval travel forms


International Travel

Faculty/researchers/staff use this online form for international travel LAS International Travel Request

Campus Required Checklist for all travel abroad

International Insurance
Under current policy, all faculty and staff are required to register for the university's international insurance when traveling with students or to high-risk destinations. Insurance is free for faculty and staff. More information is available on this flyer (PDF) or on the Registration page.

The university’s international insurance policy covers the cost of medical care to treat COVID-19. The university is adding a quarantine benefit to the international insurance policy. This is a new feature and important details are still being resolved. However, some details are available under the first FAQ of the Insurance FAQs page.


Export Control Policy

The Export Control Policy establishes the criteria and process for university-related travel to comply with Federal export controls. For more information, please visit the University of Illinois Export Control website. In addition, individuals should review the university’s information on managing foreign influence.



Travel reimbursement


Chrome River (has replaced TEM)

Log-in to Chrome River with Enterprise ID and Password.

If you have questions or problems, please contact Brenda Reinhold, or you can follow this link to the Chrome River "Getting Started" page.

To assign a delegate (formerly called proxies)


More info from the OBFS website: